Friday, July 29, 2005

Weeding Heaven


After all the recent rain yesterday and today the weeds had no chance. Awhile back I bought a small hand held rake from Lidl for £1.50 and it is the best value piece of kit that I have bought for weeding. I never buy anything else from Lidl but there gardening bits and pieces are a bargain.

I really want to be on the plot tomorrow but have to work at a wedding at Oxford a place that I can get into with out any problems ,but with all the oneway streets I take forever finding my way out.

Am in charge of opening our trading shed on Sunday so Barbara is on Blackberry picking duties with my grandson, so full metal jackets are called for.

This is how the plot looked this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've not visited for a little while, but managed to pop by today. Your plot is certainly looking wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice about the great quality of products available at LIDL. I'll be straight down there to check out their spades, hoe hoe hoes and ant-repellants. The ants in our garden are getting out of control - I just want to get rid of them all - forever! I'm sure they have a place in the world of nature, but I'm not sure what it is. They get everywhere and I keep dreaming of ants in my pants. Ants, ants, antsssssssss - got to get get rid of them - all of them - every last one of them. Hopefully LIDL will have something for me. You should be getting a commission! You just can't beat LIDL for a bargain! Bargains, bargains, bargains - I love them - in contrast with ants - I really can't stand ants. Did I mention I can't stand them. The photos of the allotment look really good by the way. Hopefully you don't have any problems with ants. If you do get down to LIDL - there are some great bargains at LIDL.

Great site!

Kevin Briggs