Tuesday, June 07, 2005

What a strange week

Intended to spend a lot of time on the plot last week, and then my working partner was taken ill and ended up in hospital having a pacemaker fitted. Barbara happens to work at the same hospital he was taken to so instead of giving my veg some tlc I have been back and forth to the ward. It was also Barbara's birthday and my Mum and sister put on a party for her, and very nice it was to,but all the time inside my head I keep seeing weeds growing bigger and bigger and I am not there to zap them.

Managed a couple of hours today, watered a lot and and was pleased to see our runner beans have germinated, I took Monty Dons advice and planted two beans to a cane but will find it very hard to terminate the weaker one.

I am working the whole of this weekend as I have to cover for my poorly colleague (sp) so will try a couple of evening stints on the plot, need rain but hope it stays fine for the next few evenings.

No comments: