Friday, June 17, 2005

Phew almost a scorcher

I finished work early today and visited the plot as I had not been since Monday. Everything has taken off and all looked so dry even after a bit of rain the last few days. I saw four small birds which up untill yesterday I would not have been able to identify but saw the same on Springwatch last night and they are young Robins, brown with spotted breasts, not a red breast to be seen.

My first early potatoes are just beginning to flower so not long to wait for delicious new pots.

Barbara took some of our beetroot, garlic, and radish into work today. Everyone wants some so will have to grow more next year and set up a stall at the hospital that Barbara works and sell it.

It is Fathers day on Sunday and we are going to Beaver World with my grandchildren. A long day is planned at the alottment tomorrow to plant the remainder of our seeds, must remember SUNTAN LOTION

No comments: