Sunday, June 12, 2005

A Satisfying Day

We have just returned home after four hours working on the plot. I felt a bit weary today as I spent most of yesterday walking round Harbour Park at Littlehampton with hundreds of children making quite a racket, bless them !

Picked the last of the Broad Beans and cut off the plants at ground level and left the roots in the soil, apparently it adds nitrogen to the soil as the roots rot. We have had a bumper crop, about 12 pounds and Barbara will be making soup with some of them. At the moment she is making spring onion soup.

We bought home lots of sweet peas the smell of which is wafting across the room, wonderfull.

We have planted some courgettes but what is the difference between a courgette plant and a marrow plant? our garden centre sells both, I thought a courgette was a baby marrow.

Just looked out of the window and glory be it is raining, well spitting but hopefully it will get a lot heavier.

I cant type anymore as Barb has just given me a baby beetroot to eat that was in the ground one hour ago, and I am drooling over my keypad.

No comments: