Saturday, February 07, 2009

Another Frustrating Week





It is hard to believe that only a short while ago we were sitting here in the sun having our BBQ and sipping wine. I really do love our seasons even though I am itching to do some allotmenteering. It is our turn to man the trading shed tomorrow so hope we have a customer or two but if it stays as cold as it is I doubt it.







"There are two seasonal diversions that can ease the bite of any winter.One is the January thaw. The other is the seed catalogues."- Hal Borland













After all the rain we have had lately the last thing I wanted was snow.The only good thing about it is that it is the only time that our plot looks as good as anyone else.







We wanted to take some pictures while the snow was still on the trees but could not get near to the site with the car.Mike and Sue who are expert bee keepers are setting up an apiary on our site.I think that we are going to have six hives in total and three, complete with bees, are now in place. It is great to think that we will soon be able to have our very own honey. The bees had decided to have a day indoors when I took this picture. Mike and Sue have a website about their activities called "Bees'n'Beans and I have added a link on my list. It is a very interesting, and amusing, read.

No comments: