Friday, April 13, 2007

C - OUCH Grass




Next Tuesday we will have had the plot for three years. There is a small bit that has not been touched and as it is covered in couch grass I have been putting of digging it. I bit the bullet last weekend and made a start. It really is evil stuff , it only goes down about six inches but some of the roots were at least two feet long. I have probably missed some but if I had rotorvated it I would eventually end up with more than I started with.

Last October Barbara talked me into joining our local Slimming World. I had a massive heart attack a few years back and gave up smoking then and started putting on a fair bit of weight. We go every Thursday and yesterday Barbara had lost a stone and a half and I have lost just under 4 stones. There is no way that I could have done so much digging this time last year.

The whole of our site is looking the best it has done for a long time and we even have a waiting list for plots.

I took both my grandchildren to see Peter Pan on ice which was performed by The Russian Ice Stars. It was probably the most impressive show that I have seen on stage. The skill and speed of the skaters in such a small space really was breathtaking. If it comes to a town near you do yourself a favour and go. Barbara is going to see it with a friend at Croydon on Sunday. I shall be digging.

3 comments:

Matron said...

I do sympathise with your couch grass problem! Nasty stuff that breaks up when you try to pull it up. I also suffer with dock. I made a big mistake a few years ago and hired a rotavator... it looked lovely for a few weeks then I discovered I had multiplied my weed problem by 100. Be persistent, it will never completely go away, but after a few years with a trowell it should be a lot better.

Anonymous said...

Couch grass and brambles are the predominant weeds on my plot. I hate the couch. You were right to dig I am proud of you, my neighbour rotavated an now it is all over their plot! I have tried black plastic and leaving it fallow but it comes back. I am looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Anonymous said...

thank you nice sharing
html kodları
maswey blog
türkçe firefox indir