Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Maple Stirrup


Two seasons ago when we first started on the plot we dug up a horseshoe. We had just cut down a Maple which had grown quite large and was shading a lot of the plot. The shoe was placed on one of the stumps and today I thought that I would move it and nail it to our shed. It is impossible as the tree has started to grow round it.

I spent some time hoeing this afternoon and was also able to pick loads of sorrel which we shall have tonight with poached trout. I find that I am able to get lots more done during the week than weekends as I spend to much time chatting to other plot holders, weekdays I am often the only one there.

Our trading shed opens again on Sunday after the winter break, another sign that spring is just around the corner.

No comments: