Sunday, October 09, 2005

Pure Bliss

It was my turn to man the trading shed today, 10.30 till 12.00 but because it was such a perfect day to be on the plot, sunshine, cool, no wind, I was chomping at the bit to get started.

Barb reorganized her herb plot and dug up the mint and replanted it in a pot into the ground to limit the root growth but the fennel roots had grown much more and so she did the same with that.

When I finally shut the shed { two customers all morning } I was able to prepare the bit where my garlic and broad beans will be planted next weekend. It was really wonderful on the plot today and made us realize how lucky we are to be able to do something we both enjoy and have a shared interest, we are also having for lunch homegrown pumpkin, parsnips, potatoes, and I am making a tomato and basil sauce, and later in the week, sage and leek stuffing all from our plot.

Pure Bliss

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying your bliss - and it's rubbing off onto me.

Though reading about your meal has made me hungry!