Friday, January 25, 2013

Went to the beautiful Kelsey Park in Beckenham to feed the birds with a loaf of Mr Warburtons finest brown seeded. I was soon surrounded by all sorts of ducks,geese,pigeons and gulls. The blackheaded gulls are just beginning to get there black heads so spring must be on its way. The most impressive of the ducks was the Mandarin which is really spectacular. The swans also let the Canada geese know who was boss. I then went to check my feeders on the allotment and all the suet pellets that I hung up yesterday had gone but still a big pile of seeds left.

Going on a march tomorrow in support of Lewisham Hospital which is in danger of losing its A&E department and maternity unit. This hospital is dear to my heart as not only does Barbara work there but they have looked after me during my heart problems. Sunday will be at the plot for my RSPB bird count.

No comments: